Wednesday, December 16, 2009

#ReconciliationDay (A tweet package)

Today was the Day of Reconciliation in South Africa. It's my favourite public holiday. It's symbolic of so many of the things that I love about this country. I couldn't let it pass without blogging about it.

Ok. But my blog is about the web and life in the information age so how could I? One word... Twitter. Only the biggest micro-blogging site on the web! I've taken the liberty of selecting some of my tweets on #ReconciliationDay and packaged them here in honour of the holiday.

About 16 December - The Day of Reconciliation
Afrikaners traditionally celebrated 16 Dec as the Day of the Vow, remembering the day in 1838 when a group of Voortrekkers defeated a Zulu army at the Battle of Blood River, while ANC activists commemorated it as the day in 1961 when the ANC started to arm its soldiers to overthrow Apartheid. In the new South Africa, it's a day of reconciliation, a day to focus on overcoming the conflicts of the past and building a new nation.

Tip: I tried to keep it all logically ordered. So you don't get lost, read the grouped tweets from bottom to top that's how we do it on Twitter. lol.























No comments:

Post a Comment